You are hereAnthony Wooding
Anthony is our Managing Partner and head of the Litgation department. After graduating from St John's College, Oxford, Anthony completed his legal training with top City firm Coward Chance (now Clifford Chance). In order to pursue a less City-style practice he joined Kerseys in 1990, developed specialisms in civil litigation and became a partner in 1994. Anthony is Head of the firm's Litigation Department.
According to The Legal 500, Anthony is "greatly respected for his wide-ranging skills, including advocacy" and "is well-known for his specialist property dispute skills".
- Contract and negligence claims
- Property disputes
- Housing cases (including homelessness appeals)
Anthony has vast experience in taking cases through courts and tribunals across the UK, ranging in value from a few hundred to several million pounds.
- Injunction application against franchisee for breach of contract.
- Court of Appeal case on definition of licence.
- Damages claim against a local authority for abuse in children's homes, an action which achieved national media coverage.
- Insurance ombudsman claim against insurance company which refused to pay out on a health policy.
- Emergency eviction of travellers from land contaminated by chemicals.
- Damages claim against a credit company for unlawfully repossessing the client's vehicle as featured in law reports.
Although he is a commercial lawyer, Anthony is also one of a diminishing band of experienced lawyers still committed to Civil Legal Aid. Kerseys is one of only three firms in Suffolk with a specialist housing law franchise.
Anthony is interested in art and likes to draw caricatures of his fellow partners! Anthony often appears on radio to talk about legal matters and has also done "thought for the day" slots.
Anthony appears on a weekly radio show at Ipswich Community Radio (105.7 fm) as a "legal eagle" to discuss interesting legal issues. He appears on The Tuesday Breakfast Show at 8.25am on the first Tuesday of each month.
You can listen to some of his Legal Eagle radio broadcasts on The Tuesday Breakfast Show.
You can also read the latest articles on Anthony's Legal Eagle blog.
Email Anthony anthony [dot] wooding [at] kerseys [dot] co [dot] uk
Tel: 01473 407 129